OK, so it’s been two weeks since I last posted. I wish I could say I’ve spent that time knitting diligently, but that wouldn’t be true. I spent Week One of my absence from the blog enjoying my sons’ end-of-school-year festivities, and Week Two has been spent, in large part, getting my older son ready for a six-day summer program on the East Coast. With Son #1 now safely at the summer program, I hope to spend some time making progress on my various knitting projects.
I was pleased that the swatch washed up and blocked nicely. The yarn is slightly stiff when I’m knitting it, but that stiffness does help to keep it on the needles, and also helps when I have to occasionally un-knit an errant stitch or two. The stiffness seems to improve greatly upon washing and blocking. The pattern is also pleasant to knit, and will be simple enough for me to work on when semi-distracted at airports and such.
I’ve also made some progress on the St. Brigid sweater front, and will have to do the math for the shoulder decreases soon. I’ve altered the pattern to fit my 5-foot tall self, so some math is, unfortunately, required.
I had to rip out several inches of the Painted Cables Scarf due to a rookie mistake in the cabling, but will take that to knit meetup tomorrow and hope to knock out several more inches there.
I will post photos of the Rosebud Shawl in progress when I return from my travels, and I’ll also post photos of the St. Brigid sweater front once I work out and do the shoulder decreases.